My Tiny House Build(s)

So for those of you who know me, you know I'm pretty into tiny houses... some may say obsessed, even. That's probably fair. It all started over a decade ago when I was watching an episode of Oprah. They were interviewing people who lived in these tiny houses and I found it fascinating. Some day, I vowed to myself, I was going to build one of these.

 At one point I got up the nerve to put my thoughts to paper and come up with some plans. They were pretty rough, but they were enough to get me started.

 

Fast forward to 2020 and there's a pandemic. I get put on temporary emergency leave and have nothing to do for a while. So, what better time than to build a tiny house? I went to Requarth lumber (the same company that the Wright Brothers went to in order to get their materials for their airplanes) and stocked up. 

Up next - it was time to put it together. All in all it took me about a week. I started off with the foundation, then framed it out. 







Up next was the roof. I kept it pretty simple and just used 2x4s for the ceiling. After that I put on some tar paper and asphalt shingles, started siding, and then added the door and window. 






Finally, it was finished, and I couldn't have been prouder! Check out the inside too... this is where I have my office as I'm still working from home throughout the pandemic.



I'm in the process of having a friend help me with the solar panels. I also got a Mr. Heater propane heater for the place to keep me warm here during the winter. I'm looking forward to continuing to work out here when it gets cold out! Check it out on Amazon here:

 
 
So what's next? Well, I've started a YouTube channel because I'm doing it again... this time I'm building a tiny house down in southern Ohio on a property I own with my brother. The channel is called "My Neck of the Woods," and you can watch the video about my tiny house office build below!
 

You can also find me on Instagram and TikTok! Check out these for more recent updates on the tiny house build and follow along! This time the goal is to make it (mostly) out of repurposed materials. Should be a lot of fun!

Lastly, I'm trying to make enough to cover the cost of shooting/editing, and I'm starting to work with local videographers to do both. Your contribution to my Patreon account and/or your purchase of My Neck of the Woods merchandise will help me keep the videos coming, so please contribute if you're able. I've already got my mug!

Get yours now!




Comments

Popular Posts